Did you read the Bergen Record on October 10, 2010? There is a great article, Technology making off-site working easier” by Carol Lawrence. The article highlights that technology is offering mobility features to small businesses by allowing it them to keep “valuable employees, widen sales territories, lessen employees’ commuting stress and even hire overseas.” The article also states that “nationally, the number of telecommuters grew to 17.2 million on 2008 from 12.4 million in 2006.
Today’s workplace is no longer defined by the building with your company logo on it. Home-based employees and road warriors are becoming commonplace these days, and your communications system has to operate where your employees are most comfortable, everywhere.
Mitel and Samsung IP telephone systems allow you to easily accommodate home, or road based employees by seamlessly connecting incoming calls to your remote location. Off site IP phones allow your transient workers to handle, hold, conference, transfer or page just as if they were in the office.
- Get your voice mail messages sent to your email in your cell phone or PC at home.
- Give out 1 number or extension to your clients that will simultaneously ring at your desk, cell and home phone.
- Use an IP phone at home, your cell phone or a softphone in your computer and be directly connected to the office; eliminate toll calls to the office.
- Make your cell or home phone a virtual extension of the phone system at the office. The phone functions as if you were in the office. Seamlessly transfer calls back and forth, put a call on hold at the office or on your remote phone, page over head at the office and check your voice mail.
- With SIP trunks, you can have a local presence for your remote workers, anywhere in the state or country by using their local telephone number that rings into your office.
Comtex can provide you with the technology to offer teleworking at your business.