The Samsung OfficeServ 100 has been discontinued. However, Comtex still services, supports, programs and maintains this system. At our Comtex complex, we have all the parts and equipment necessary to repair or maintain the OfficeServ 100. If you want to expand or upgrade your existing OfficeServ 100, we can provide you with new or refurbishedFalcon or DS or ITP keysets, cards or cabinets. Please call or email us for any information, repair or purchases.
Did you read the Bergen Record on October 10, 2010? There is a great article, Technology making off-site working easier” by Carol Lawrence. The article highlights that technology is offering mobility features to small businesses by allowing it them to keep “valuable employees, widen sales territories, lessen employees’ commuting stress and even hire overseas.” The article also states that “nationally, the number of telecommuters grew to 17.2 million on 2008 from 12.4 million in 2006.
Today’s workplace is no longer defined by the building with your company logo on it. Home-based employees and road warriors are becoming commonplace these days, and your communications system has to operate where your employees are most comfortable, everywhere.
Mitel and Samsung IP telephone systems allow you to easily accommodate home, or road based employees by seamlessly connecting incoming calls to your remote location. Off site IP phones allow your transient workers to handle, hold, conference, transfer or page just as if they were in the office.
- Get your voice mail messages sent to your email in your cell phone or PC at home.
- Give out 1 number or extension to your clients that will simultaneously ring at your desk, cell and home phone.
- Use an IP phone at home, your cell phone or a softphone in your computer and be directly connected to the office; eliminate toll calls to the office.
- Make your cell or home phone a virtual extension of the phone system at the office. The phone functions as if you were in the office. Seamlessly transfer calls back and forth, put a call on hold at the office or on your remote phone, page over head at the office and check your voice mail.
- With SIP trunks, you can have a local presence for your remote workers, anywhere in the state or country by using their local telephone number that rings into your office.
Comtex can provide you with the technology to offer teleworking at your business.
Looking to invest in a new telephone system for your business? Listed below are the important questions to consider and answer, prior to contacting a telephone vendor such as Comtex Inc. Knowing these answers will expedite your initial inquiry and assist your vendor in proposing the right system for your business.
- How many telephone lines will you have going into the system?
- What type of phone lines do you have? SIP, copper, PRI circuit?
- How many physical telephone extensions will you need?
- Do you need any analog ports for a cordless phone or modem?
- Do you want an Auto Attendant?
- Do you want voice mail?
- How many voice mail ports will you need? (This is the number of simultaneous calls the voice mail must be capable of handling at one time).
- How many total minutes of storage in the voice mail system will you need?
- Do you want to page an overhead speaker through your telephone?
- Do you want an information on hold unit?
- Do you want a door phone to connect to the system?
- List any future growth requirements you foresee and any features that you know your business requires.
- Do you need mobility solutions? Twinning or Connect?
- Do you have remote workers?
- Do you have multiple offices?
For over 50 years, Comtex has been a leader in the design, installation, service and repair of business telephone systems, CCTV and video surveillance systems. All systems come with a ONE YEAR GUARANTEE and we offer 24/7 emergency service.
Performance Right Out of the Box: A compact hardworking system that expands with your business. An economical business communications solution with converged VoIP capabilities and performance built right into the system.
The Samsung OfficeServ 7100 can expand along with your business in 4-port increments and is capable of handling up to eight incoming lines with as many as 32 stations. Embedded in this system is voicemail and an automated attendant. Traditional voice, utilizing digital or VoIP, is supported with a full set of features and sophisticated applications. It will even support a T-1 or PRI.
The Samsung OfficeServ 7200-S is a flexible, economically-expandable, converged telecommunication platform ideally suited for small-to-midsized businesses. With support for up to 64 stations, the OfficeServ 7200-S allows users to take advantage of the powerful set of built-in and add-on features of the larger OfficeServ 7200 platform with capacity “right-sized” for these businesses.
The OfficeServ 7200-S is flexible enough to accommodate a wide range of digital, IP, and wireless phones to match a company’s changing telecom needs. Furthermore, by taking advantage of SIP services and VoIP technologies, companies can increase the return on their telecom investment with reduced carrier charges and monthly telecom costs.
In addition, the OfficeServ 7200-S has a wide range of built-in features including:
- Call monitoring and reporting capabilities.
- Auto attendant and Uniform Call Distribution (UCD) for efficient call handling.
- Embedded voicemail and email gateway for delivering voicemail messages directly to a Microsoft Outlook inbox.
- Enterprise-class firewall and Intrusion Detection system to protect the system from unwanted intrusions.
The OfficeServ 7200-S platform also offers a powerful set of optional add-on features and Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) applications to further increase worker productivity and accessibility. These include:
- SPNet ― enables networking to other OfficeServ platforms at remote offices.
- Executive Mobex ― allows your desk phone and mobile phone to ring simultaneously and gives you the ability to transfer, conference, and put calls on hold from your mobile phone.
- Hot Desking ― lets individual employees have alternate work areas, or multiple employees share a common work area.
- Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) applications ― enhances on- and off-site productivity, improves cost efficiency, and helps streamline operations.
- Wireless Access Points ― allows seamless integration of wireless handsets and PDAs with phone system features to increase mobility and accessibility.
Both the OfficeServ 7030 and the OfficeServ 7200-S are available through Samsung Authorized Dealers and are backed by a team of expert service technicians. Telephone user training also is available from a team of specialists.
RICHARDSON, Texas on Dec 15, 2009
Samsung Business Communication Systems (BCS) today introduced the compact OfficeServ™ 7030 and economically-expandable OfficeServ™ 7200-S as the two newest additions to its popular OfficeServTM 7000 series of converged telephony solutions for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Ideal for cost-conscious start-ups, entrepreneurs
You must have heard about VoIP and VoIP gateways. But do you know what these technologies actually are all about?
To understand what a VoIP gateway is, you first need to understand what VoIP technology is all about. VoIP is the term used for Voice over Internet Protocol . It refers to the technology which facilitates transmission of voice traffic over internet networks. Internet protocol was originally developed for sharing data. After its immense success, the technology was adapted for sharing voice networking.
More and more business organizations have started to use VoIP instead of the traditional PSTN for communicating because it is cheaper and more useful than the other mediums of voice communications. Some of the benefits of using VoIP technology and VoIP phones include:
VoIP facilitates to transmit more than one phone call on a single broadband phone line. Therefore, more telephone lines can be installed by the business at a lower cost.
Like business phone systems, VoIP phones too, have many advanced features such as call forwarding, caller ID, call waiting etc. For these features, the businesses do not have to pay any extra charges.
VoIP offers unified and secured communications, which can be integrated with other internet based services such as video conferencing, web conferencing etc for enhancing the business communication.
Now let us discuss what is a VoIP gateway. Gateways are devices which convert telephony traffic into internet protocol so that data can be transferred over a network. These are generally used in the following two ways:
1- For converting PSTN to VoIP. A VoIP gateway facilitates receiving and placing VoIP calls on a regular telephone network. With the VoIP technology, businesses can make larger volumes of calls at much lower prices.
2- To connect traditional PBX and other business phone systems to an IP network. A VoIP gateway allows making a call using VoIP technology instead of a regular telephone line. Business can either buy these services from a reputed and reliable VoIP service provider or can route the calls through the internet to reduce the call charges.
VoIP gateways are available in the form of external units and PCI cards. However, most of the business organizations prefer using the external units as their VoIP devices. Every VoIP gateway has a connector for getting connected to the IP network and one or more number of ports for connecting the phones lines to it.
For more information, pleae visit www.comtex-nj.com
- A SIP-trunking service benefits companies by:
- Eliminating the need to invest in costly (and less capable) TDM-gateway equipment infrastructure or desktop equipment.
- Nullifying the need to purchase equipment, such as managed-media gateway devices, to interface between IP voice and the PSTN.
Telephone technicians play a crucial role in the proper repair or installation of your new business phone system. There are many technicians available for the task. However, there are fewer that truly meet the criteria for excellence that today’s integrated phone systems demand. The test of a good phone technician is not just expertise and experience, but also respect for the customer and good interpersonal skills.