• Through access to or use of Comtex’s website, including but not limited to , our Contact Us options, request a Free Quote or seek support (collectively “Contact Us”);
• Through the submission of information by prospective customers, visitors or affiliates of Comtex for purposes of receiving more information about our company, products and services;
• When a new customer of Comtex purchases our products or services (the “Services”), including as the term “Services” is defined in any agreement with Comtex (“Agreement”);
• When a current customer of Comtex uses our Services or contacts our customer service or technical support team. Personal Information may include Data; and
• When a job applicant applies for a position with Comtex.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use the information we collect from a visitor for the following reasons:
• Respond to a Contact Us request
• To provide sales information or quotes
• Schedule a product demonstration
• Provide support
• Respond to a marketing communication
• Use of other site features to follow up with a Visitor after correspondence or communication (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personal Information. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our Visitors or users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
WHAT ARE COMTEX’S GUIDELINES REGARDING CHILDREN?
Comtex’s website and Services are not designed for or directed to children under the age of 13, and Comtex will not knowingly collect or maintain information about any person under the age of 13. If you believe Comtex has collected any information from or about any person under 13, please contact us at info@Comtexinc.com.
WHAT ABOUT MY USE OF COMTEX FORUMS?
Comtex may make chat rooms, forums, message boards, news groups and similar media, including social media, available to you. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas may become public and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any Personal Information in any of these areas.
WHAT KIND OF INFORMATION DOES COMTEX COLLECT?
Comtex may collect the following information, which may include Personal Information:
• Personal Information that you voluntarily provide when using our website or Services, including contact information (e.g., email address, name, telephone number, home or work address, and ZIP code) and billing information (e.g., bank account number and billing address)(Comtex does not accept credit cards);
• Personal Information that you voluntarily transmit using our website or Services, which is collected, used and processed by Comtex solely for the purpose of delivering products or services to you;
• Technical standard information sent by your browser during visits to our website or your use of our Services, including IP address, the type of device being used, your device’s operating system, location information, language preference and browser type; and
When you visit our website, advertising companies such as Google may place a cookie or similar technologies on your computer and may collect certain information about your use of our website. These companies may use this information, as well as information they collect from your use of other websites, to display advertisements on the Internet about products and services they believe you may be interested in. You can learn more about this practice and can learn about your choices with respect to the use of this information about you for customizing advertisements, at www.aboutads.info/choices.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
HOW DOES COMTEX STORE AND RETAIN INFORMATION?
Comtex may use, store and retain information, which may include Personal Information, in the following ways:
• To provide you with information regarding the status of your account, to determine your tax status, and to bill you for our Services;
• To operate, provide and maintain the Services, including providing you with information and Services that you request from Comtex, delivering customer service or technical support, and carrying out Comtex’s obligations arising from any agreement entered into between you and Comtex, including any User Agreements;
• To manage our existing and prospective relationships with customers, resellers, distributors, vendors, service providers and affiliates, including accounting, auditing, billing and fee collection;
• To administer, test, analyze and improve Comtex’s Services and to facilitate marketing services by Comtex and its marketing partners, including providing you with information about available Services and related products and services;
• To gather broad demographic and statistical information, and other de-identified or aggregated information, which Comtex may use for purposes such as understanding broad demographic trends and statistical information;
• To notify you about changes to the Services, welcome letters, billing reminders, technical notifications and security announcements;
• To comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards and Comtex’s procedures and policies, to enforce our Agreements, and to defend our legal rights; and
• For other purposes to which you may provide your consent.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we only process your Personal Information based on a valid legal ground, including when:
• You have consented to the use of your Personal Information, for example, to provide you with tailored advertising;
• We need your Personal Information to provide you with the Services, including for account creation, the delivery of our Services, responding to your inquiries, and providing customer service and technical support;
• We have a legal obligation to use your Personal Information, such as the obligation to protect intellectual property rights and restrict content available on the Service based on your location; or
• We or a third party have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information to personalize our Services and provide you with tailored content, conduct business analytics, and otherwise improve the security and performance of our Services. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your Personal Information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
If you are an existing customer, unless you ask Comtex to provide you with additional marketing information, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or by posting to your account with Comtex). Where required under applicable law, we will only send you marketing communications with your consent.
We are committed to keeping Personal Information no longer than necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected, unless allowed or required by law.
HOW DOES COMTEX SHARE INFORMATION?
Comtex may disclose your information, including Personal Information, as follows:
• To entities within the Comtex group and third-party business partners, consistent with the purposes described above;
• Billing information to organizations who process billing information on our behalf;
• In de-identified or aggregated form to third parties, such as usage information to our service and license providers for licensing compliance, licensing usage calculation, billing and support purposes; or
• To vendors and contractors retained in connection with the provision of the Services or support of Comtex’s business. For example, Comtex may use service providers to measure Service usage and Service performance metrics; monitor security aspects of our Services and infrastructure; provide data storage services; and deliver customer service or technical support. Comtex will only release information that is needed to deliver the service for which the third-party vendor has been contracted. These vendors are required to maintain strict security and confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using it for any other purposes other than in accordance with Comtex’s instructions and policies.
In addition, Comtex may access and release your information, including Personal Information, under the following circumstances:
• In response to subpoenas, warrants, government inquiries, court orders, or legal process, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; or to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims, in each case if Comtex believes doing so is required or appropriate;
• If we obtain your consent or permission to disclose or release your information, which we may obtain in various ways. For example, Comtex may present you with an “opt-in” prompt when you access our websites or Services (including our administrative control panel);
• If we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, violation of our policies, or as otherwise required by law (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction); and
• If Comtex, its website or Services or a related asset or line of business is acquired by, transferred to, or merged with another company.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
IS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE?
Although Comtex uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information, transmission via the Internet is not completely secure. Therefore, Comtex cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted using our websites or Services, and any transmission is at your own risk.
ACCORDING TO CALOPPA, WE AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS (EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA)
If you are located in the EEA, you may have the following additional rights to:
• Request access to and receive information about the Personal Information we maintain about you, to update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, restrict or object to the processing of your Personal Information, have the information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your Personal Information to another company. In addition, you may also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work or where an incident took place.
• Withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your Personal Information, at any time and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward, and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent withdrawal.
FAIR INFORMATION PRACTICES
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur, we will notify you via email within 7 business days.
CAN SPAM ACT
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations. We only collect your email address in order to send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions or provide remote support to clients.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You have the right to request that Comtex not contact you or use your Personal Information for purposes which are not reasonably necessary for the administration of our website and/or the provision of Services. If you wish to exercise this opt-out right or to terminate your account, please contact Comtex at 29 Poplar Street, East Rutherford, New Jersey 07073. You may also send an e-mail to info@Comtexinc.com.
Where required under applicable law, we will only send you marketing communications with your consent. When you receive marketing communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us, and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by contacting us at info@Comtexinc.com.
Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain correspondence from us regarding our provision of Services to you, including messages relating to your account, unless you stop using our Services. In addition, certain information may be required in order to use our Services; as such, the only practicable method to opt out of providing information in connection with the use of Services would be to refrain from subscribing to or using our Services.
29 Poplar Street
East Rutherford, New Jersey 07073