The Samsung 7100 business telephone system offers performance right out of the box: A compact hardworking system that expands with your business. An economical business communications solution with converged VoIP capabilities and performance built right into the system.
The Samsung OfficeServ 100 has been discontinued. However, Comtex still services, supports, programs and maintains this system. At our Comtex complex, we have all the parts and equipment necessary to repair or maintain the OfficeServ 100. If you want to expand or upgrade your existing OfficeServ 100, we can provide you with new or refurbishedFalcon or DS or ITP keysets, cards or cabinets. Please call or email us for any information, repair or purchases.
Looking to invest in a new telephone system for your business? Listed below are the important questions to consider and answer, prior to contacting a telephone vendor such as Comtex Inc. Knowing these answers will expedite your initial inquiry and assist your vendor in proposing the right system for your business.
- How many telephone lines will you have going into the system?
- What type of phone lines do you have? SIP, copper, PRI circuit?
- How many physical telephone extensions will you need?
- Do you need any analog ports for a cordless phone or modem?
- Do you want an Auto Attendant?
- Do you want voice mail?
- How many voice mail ports will you need? (This is the number of simultaneous calls the voice mail must be capable of handling at one time).
- How many total minutes of storage in the voice mail system will you need?
- Do you want to page an overhead speaker through your telephone?
- Do you want an information on hold unit?
- Do you want a door phone to connect to the system?
- List any future growth requirements you foresee and any features that you know your business requires.
- Do you need mobility solutions? Twinning or Connect?
- Do you have remote workers?
- Do you have multiple offices?
New Features available in Samsung OfficeServ™ 7000 series
Mobex (Mobile Extension) – This new feature allows you to assign a 3 or 4 digit extension number to a phone that is not part of the Samsung OfficeServ™ phone system. This phone can be a cell phone, a house phone or any phone number. The Mobex can be placed in station groups, on DSS keys and have DID’s routed to them.
Executive Mobex (requires hardware) – Executive Mobex allows the OfficeServ™ user to use their Mobex to place calls into the OfficeServ™ phone system and receive dial tone from the system to place calls out.
New Feature License – Samsung OfficeServ™ phone systems now come with a trial feature key that allows users to test the Samsung CTI features (OfficeServ™ Link, OfficeServ™ Call, OfficeServ™ VoIP) before purchasing.
OfficeServ™ Connect – This new feature allows simultaneous ringing of a master phone and five other devices. These devices can be VoIP keysets, Mobex extensions, VoIP Sip stations, Single line telephone ports, etc.
SIP Peering Support – This feature allows the Samsung OfficeServ™ phone system to connect to another SIP server. This allows the OfficeServ™ to be connected to non-Samsung phone systems for simple dialing between the phone systems.
Samsung Business Communication Systems (BCS) today introduced its latest line of cost-saving, feature-rich VoIP telephones, the OfficeServ™ SMT-iSeries, and two complementary affordable integrated communications applications, OfficeServ Communicator Basic and OfficeServ Communicator Professional with Messenger. Combined with Samsung’s new line of VoIP phones, the integrated communications applications enhance collaboration among employees—on- and off-site—while increasing user flexibility, mobility and overall operating efficiency, and delivering all the benefits of unified communications.
Samsung OfficeServ Communicator Basic seamlessly and affordably converges voice, video and data such as contacts from Microsoft® Outlook. OfficeServ Communicator Professional with Messenger provides users the functionality of Communicator Basic and adds instant messaging and collaborative capabilities such as presence awareness and whiteboarding right from the desktop.
The flexible OfficeServ Communicator applications each operate in three modes—UCPhone (Unified Client), SoftPhone and DeskPhone—that can be changed on the fly. The UCPhone mode, which connects users to the new SMT-iSeries phones, enables specialized functions such as uploading and downloading contacts from Microsoft Outlook. SoftPhone mode allows users to dial, answer, release, transfer, hold, or host conference calls right from the desktop—whether the user is in the office or on the road. DeskPhone mode provides desktop call control on all non-SMT-iSeries phones. The Communicator Professional with Messenger application and operation in the DeskPhone mode require an OfficeServ Link and license.
About OfficeServ Communicator Basic
The new OfficeServ Communicator Basic offers users call control and a number of operational conveniences. Features include the following:
• video calling;
• screen pops with incoming caller information;
• easy viewing of outgoing and incoming calls;
• a redial function for quickly returning missed calls;
• audio and video recording to a local PC;
• a phone book for uploading Microsoft Outlook contacts;
• direct dialing from Communicator or Microsoft Outlook or by highlighting a phone number in any document type (TXT, PDF, DOC, XLS, etc.) using a Free Dial Hot Key;
• access to network directory service via Microsoft Exchange or a similar server;
• a configuration tool for adding ringtones, pictures, and an enhanced phone book.
About OfficeServ Communicator Professional with Messenger
OfficeServ Communicator Professional has all the Communicator Basic features and adds instant messaging, collaboration, and presence awareness functions. With Communicator Professional with Messenger, users can:
• turn an IM exchange into a video conference or whiteboarding session without interruption;
• exchange files from within the chat window during a chat session using the file transfer function;
• detect a colleague’s availability for a time-sensitive discussion using presence awareness.
Features may be shared among OfficeServ users on up to 8 nodes within a Samsung proprietary network using Samsung networking software (SPNet™).
About Samsung Business Communication Systems (BCS)
Samsung Business Communication Systems, a Dallas-based division of Samsung Telecommunications America (STA), is the distribution arm for the company’s line of business communications solutions. Targeting small- to medium-sized businesses, Samsung BCS offers an elite line of telephony-based customer premise equipment (CPE) with dynamic architecture that can accommodate tremendous growth at low incremental costs to meet a variety of communications needs. As an innovator in convergence technology, Samsung’s business communications systems combine traditional voice and data capabilities with wireline and wireless technologies providing fully integrated, converged communications platforms and applications. In addition to CPE, Samsung BCS also offers a comprehensive line of voice processing equipment, CTI applications, and wireless solutions.
Samsung Communications has released the OfficeServ Mobex features across its OfficeServ 7000 series of Enterprise IP Solutions. OfficeServ Mobex means that Samsung OfficeServ customers can now integrate mobile phones, (or other external phone numbers/phones), as extensions of the office telephone system. It’s immediate, seamless and personalised, and means you are never out of reach.
The Samsung OfficeServ 7200-S is a flexible, economically-expandable, converged telecommunication platform ideally suited for small-to-midsized businesses. With support for up to 64 stations, the OfficeServ 7200-S allows users to take advantage of the powerful set of built-in and add-on features of the larger OfficeServ 7200 platform with capacity “right-sized” for these businesses.
The OfficeServ 7200-S is flexible enough to accommodate a wide range of digital, IP, and wireless phones to match a company’s changing telecom needs. Furthermore, by taking advantage of SIP services and VoIP technologies, companies can increase the return on their telecom investment with reduced carrier charges and monthly telecom costs.
In addition, the OfficeServ 7200-S has a wide range of built-in features including:
- Call monitoring and reporting capabilities.
- Auto attendant and Uniform Call Distribution (UCD) for efficient call handling.
- Embedded voicemail and email gateway for delivering voicemail messages directly to a Microsoft Outlook inbox.
- Enterprise-class firewall and Intrusion Detection system to protect the system from unwanted intrusions.
The OfficeServ 7200-S platform also offers a powerful set of optional add-on features and Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) applications to further increase worker productivity and accessibility. These include:
- SPNet ― enables networking to other OfficeServ platforms at remote offices.
- Executive Mobex ― allows your desk phone and mobile phone to ring simultaneously and gives you the ability to transfer, conference, and put calls on hold from your mobile phone.
- Hot Desking ― lets individual employees have alternate work areas, or multiple employees share a common work area.
- Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) applications ― enhances on- and off-site productivity, improves cost efficiency, and helps streamline operations.
- Wireless Access Points ― allows seamless integration of wireless handsets and PDAs with phone system features to increase mobility and accessibility.
Both the OfficeServ 7030 and the OfficeServ 7200-S are available through Samsung Authorized Dealers and are backed by a team of expert service technicians. Telephone user training also is available from a team of specialists.
RICHARDSON, Texas on Dec 15, 2009
Samsung Business Communication Systems (BCS) today introduced the compact OfficeServ™ 7030 and economically-expandable OfficeServ™ 7200-S as the two newest additions to its popular OfficeServTM 7000 series of converged telephony solutions for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Ideal for cost-conscious start-ups, entrepreneurs
Telephone technicians play a crucial role in the proper repair or installation of your new business phone system. There are many technicians available for the task. However, there are fewer that truly meet the criteria for excellence that today’s integrated phone systems demand. The test of a good phone technician is not just expertise and experience, but also respect for the customer and good interpersonal skills.
Samsung does it again with the introduction of some additional features necessary in today’s mobile office keeping employees reachable and accessible. Mobile Extension, Cell Phone Connect and Hot Desking are