NJ Burglar Alarm Business Lic#: BF000479
NY Burglar Alarm Business Lic#: 12000334410
Samsung Business Communication Systems (BCS) today introduced its latest line of cost-saving, feature-rich VoIP telephones, the OfficeServ™ SMT-iSeries, and two complementary affordable integrated communications applications, OfficeServ Communicator Basic and OfficeServ Communicator Professional with Messenger. Combined with Samsung’s new line of VoIP phones, the integrated communications applications enhance collaboration among employees—on- and off-site—while increasing user flexibility, mobility and overall operating efficiency, and delivering all the benefits of unified communications.
Samsung OfficeServ Communicator Basic seamlessly and affordably converges voice, video and data such as contacts from Microsoft® Outlook. OfficeServ Communicator Professional with Messenger provides users the functionality of Communicator Basic and adds instant messaging and collaborative capabilities such as presence awareness and whiteboarding right from the desktop.
The flexible OfficeServ Communicator applications each operate in three modes—UCPhone (Unified Client), SoftPhone and DeskPhone—that can be changed on the fly. The UCPhone mode, which connects users to the new SMT-iSeries phones, enables specialized functions such as uploading and downloading contacts from Microsoft Outlook. SoftPhone mode allows users to dial, answer, release, transfer, hold, or host conference calls right from the desktop—whether the user is in the office or on the road. DeskPhone mode provides desktop call control on all non-SMT-iSeries phones. The Communicator Professional with Messenger application and operation in the DeskPhone mode require an OfficeServ Link and license.
About OfficeServ Communicator Basic
The new OfficeServ Communicator Basic offers users call control and a number of operational conveniences. Features include the following:
• video calling;
• screen pops with incoming caller information;
• easy viewing of outgoing and incoming calls;
• a redial function for quickly returning missed calls;
• audio and video recording to a local PC;
• a phone book for uploading Microsoft Outlook contacts;
• direct dialing from Communicator or Microsoft Outlook or by highlighting a phone number in any document type (TXT, PDF, DOC, XLS, etc.) using a Free Dial Hot Key;
• access to network directory service via Microsoft Exchange or a similar server;
• a configuration tool for adding ringtones, pictures, and an enhanced phone book.
About OfficeServ Communicator Professional with Messenger
OfficeServ Communicator Professional has all the Communicator Basic features and adds instant messaging, collaboration, and presence awareness functions. With Communicator Professional with Messenger, users can:
• turn an IM exchange into a video conference or whiteboarding session without interruption;
• exchange files from within the chat window during a chat session using the file transfer function;
• detect a colleague’s availability for a time-sensitive discussion using presence awareness.
Features may be shared among OfficeServ users on up to 8 nodes within a Samsung proprietary network using Samsung networking software (SPNet™).
About Samsung Business Communication Systems (BCS)
Samsung Business Communication Systems, a Dallas-based division of Samsung Telecommunications America (STA), is the distribution arm for the company’s line of business communications solutions. Targeting small- to medium-sized businesses, Samsung BCS offers an elite line of telephony-based customer premise equipment (CPE) with dynamic architecture that can accommodate tremendous growth at low incremental costs to meet a variety of communications needs. As an innovator in convergence technology, Samsung's business communications systems combine traditional voice and data capabilities with wireline and wireless technologies providing fully integrated, converged communications platforms and applications. In addition to CPE, Samsung BCS also offers a comprehensive line of voice processing equipment, CTI applications, and wireless solutions.
For more information on VoIP, CTI applications, and VoIP Samsung phone system, please click the links or simply visit us at www.comtex-nj.com .