The Samsung OfficeServ 100 has been discontinued. However, Comtex still services, supports, programs and maintains this system. At our Comtex complex, we have all the parts and equipment necessary to repair or maintain the OfficeServ 100. If you want to expand or upgrade your existing OfficeServ 100, we can provide you with new or refurbishedFalcon or DS or ITP keysets, cards or cabinets. Please call or email us for any information, repair or purchases.
Samsung OfficeServ Wireless is setting a new standard for enterprise wireless communication. The new Samsung OfficeServ SMT-W5100E Handset, communicating with SMT-R2000 Dual Band Wireless Access Points, bring a new definition of what power really means to wireless voice and data users.
Samsung Communications has released the OfficeServ Mobex features across its OfficeServ 7000 series of Enterprise IP Solutions. OfficeServ Mobex means that Samsung OfficeServ customers can now integrate mobile phones, (or other external phone numbers/phones), as extensions of the office telephone system. It’s immediate, seamless and personalised, and means you are never out of reach.
The Samsung OfficeServ 7200-S is a flexible, economically-expandable, converged telecommunication platform ideally suited for small-to-midsized businesses. With support for up to 64 stations, the OfficeServ 7200-S allows users to take advantage of the powerful set of built-in and add-on features of the larger OfficeServ 7200 platform with capacity “right-sized” for these businesses.
The OfficeServ 7200-S is flexible enough to accommodate a wide range of digital, IP, and wireless phones to match a company’s changing telecom needs. Furthermore, by taking advantage of SIP services and VoIP technologies, companies can increase the return on their telecom investment with reduced carrier charges and monthly telecom costs.
In addition, the OfficeServ 7200-S has a wide range of built-in features including:
- Call monitoring and reporting capabilities.
- Auto attendant and Uniform Call Distribution (UCD) for efficient call handling.
- Embedded voicemail and email gateway for delivering voicemail messages directly to a Microsoft Outlook inbox.
- Enterprise-class firewall and Intrusion Detection system to protect the system from unwanted intrusions.
The OfficeServ 7200-S platform also offers a powerful set of optional add-on features and Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) applications to further increase worker productivity and accessibility. These include:
- SPNet ― enables networking to other OfficeServ platforms at remote offices.
- Executive Mobex ― allows your desk phone and mobile phone to ring simultaneously and gives you the ability to transfer, conference, and put calls on hold from your mobile phone.
- Hot Desking ― lets individual employees have alternate work areas, or multiple employees share a common work area.
- Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) applications ― enhances on- and off-site productivity, improves cost efficiency, and helps streamline operations.
- Wireless Access Points ― allows seamless integration of wireless handsets and PDAs with phone system features to increase mobility and accessibility.
Both the OfficeServ 7030 and the OfficeServ 7200-S are available through Samsung Authorized Dealers and are backed by a team of expert service technicians. Telephone user training also is available from a team of specialists.
RICHARDSON, Texas on Dec 15, 2009
Samsung Business Communication Systems (BCS) today introduced the compact OfficeServ™ 7030 and economically-expandable OfficeServ™ 7200-S as the two newest additions to its popular OfficeServTM 7000 series of converged telephony solutions for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Ideal for cost-conscious start-ups, entrepreneurs
Telephone technicians play a crucial role in the proper repair or installation of your new business phone system. There are many technicians available for the task. However, there are fewer that truly meet the criteria for excellence that today’s integrated phone systems demand. The test of a good phone technician is not just expertise and experience, but also respect for the customer and good interpersonal skills.
For those of us around in the mid-1970’s, the idea of a telephone switchboard may be forever tainted by the Saturday Night Live skit where Lily Tomlin, as a switchboard operator, randomly disconnects calls and infamously declares, “We don’t care, we don’t have to…we’re the phone company.”
The 2009 calendar year has had a lack of announcements for new technology. There have been instead, announcement after announcement of lay offs, cut backs and plant closings. Not the case with Samsung