CCTV cameras are the eyes of your surveillance system and Comtex has a wide range of CCTV security surveillance cameras available to ensure the clarity and flexibility your business requires.
Comtex offers a wide range of CCTV cameras to suit every type of security installation. Below is an extensive range of cameras, including dome, eyeball, infrared, weatherproof, PTZ and IP Cameras. Our camera options are suitable for any commercial application including: retail shops, parking lots, hotels, schools, apartment complexes, commercial properties, and any type of business environment.
To optimize your investment, it is important to utilize the appropriate camera model for the locations you want to monitor. Determine what do you want to see or record and under what conditions?
Along with the purpose of the camera, you must consider image quality, performance, and the features you need in the camera. Cameras come in many different shapes and sizes and also offer one or more of the following features: digital, IP, standard or high resolution, fixed, PTZ (motorized), weather proof, vandal proof, outdoor, indoor, black/white, color, night vision intensified light and night vision infrared (IR).
Understanding the different camera types and features on the market will help you get an idea of which cameras will best suit your needs.
Important Considerations for your Cameras:
1. Camera Location: Will the camera be installed indoors or outdoors?
2. Light conditions: Will the camera have to record in low-light conditions (at night)?
3. Field of View required for the camera: How wide or narrow an angle of vision is required?
4. Focal Length: How far away objects you wish to record will be from the camera?
5. Recording on DVR: Continuous recording or motion detection recording?
6. Camera detail: Pixels required? Read a license plate?
6. Hidden or conspicuous cameras?
7. Picture: Color or black and white?
8. Housing or Enclosure: to protect the camera against vandals or weather?
9. Fixed or Motorized cameras?
10. Technology: Digital or IP cameras?
For basic informational purposes we offer the following types of cameras to complement your CCTV system.
Bullet Camera – Slim, stylish and robust, bullet cameras are ideal for professional surveillance applications. Our range is available in a variety of specifications. Bullet cameras are digital cameras mounted in a cylindrical or “bullet” casing. This is a very popular camera and can be used indoors or outdoors. Its small and narrow size makes it suitable for areas other cameras may not fit. It is best for monitoring objects that are within 25 feet from the camera.
Dome Camera – These cameras are hard to spot and are durable. They are generally ceiling or wall mounted. The camera assembly is inside an enclosure with a smoked removable dome cover. The smoked glass cover hides the fixation of the lens. No one truly knows where the camera is looking.
Pan Tilt Zoom (PTZ) – These cameras are excellent devises to use when you want to “look around” your surveillance area. You can pan left or right over a wide area, tilt up and down and zoom in and out on something within the sight of the lens. The camera can be set to automatic and/or manual mode.