Telephone lines are the core of your business. Your dial tone allows you to communicate with your clients; you get to conduct your sales, talk to your customers and suppliers, and manage your day-to-day necessities. Most importantly, you need a secure way of communicating, as well as unbeatable great service, and the flexibility to match your business needs.
There are several factors to consider when choosing dial tone:
- system feature enhancements
Comtex can help you navigate the dial tone options and facilitate your orders with the carriers. Dial tone is not as simple as it was in the past. Now, certain types of dial tone provide you with the ability to utilize certain features in a phone system or offer you flexibility. It is vital to know these things prior to ordering service, especially because the carriers tie you into long term contracts with stiff penalties for early cancellation.
We have worked with carriers for over 50 years and have developed strong working relationship with many of them. We have the experience of facilitating thousands of business phone line installations.
Your dial tone options are:
- Analog (POTS (plain old telephone lines) copper from Verizon)
- Cable internet lines delivered with an analog handoff to system (same connection in system as copper)
- PRI/T-1 (23 channels (lines) and some carriers offer a fractional circuit that offers fewer channels)
- SIP Trunks (require working high speed internet service)